Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberries

Our strawberry experience has been part blunder part success. The one's I planted last year did their job of spreading last year, but our friend had some in pots that over grew and rooted all around. I feared that the potted ones would not survive a cold winter, so I transplanted them all to make one full bed of strawberries. The first berries this year were eaten...rabbits?...squirrels? So we caged them. We still have a bird problem, but we managed to get a few harvested in spite of appetites of our animal friends.

From 5/14



From 5/17



Made today.....yum!


No, I didn't make the crust...two frozen Sam's Club crusts were fine enough. I believe this was the first time I have EVER made a fruit pie. I normally do pumpkin and pecan at holidays, but never fruit ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment